Insomnia is the source of all diseases. Good sleep can eliminate body and brain fatigue, help improve immunity and relieve stress. Modern people suffer from various pressures due to fast pace of life, interpersonal problems, or often staying up late and working overtime, etc., which keeps the body in a state of nervous tension all the time, causing the sympathetic nerves to be continuously active and difficult to fall asleep. How can we improve the quality of sleep and be a refreshed young people?
If it is an early stage of mild insomnia, self-conditioning can often benefit. The specifics are summarized as follows:
(1) Normal and natural mentality. Don’t worry too much about insomnia. The more nervous you are, the more you force yourself to fall asleep. The result is counterproductive. Some people are even more nervous about having insomnia for several days. They think that if this continues, the brain will not be able to rest, and it will not live a short life and will also get sick. Excessive anxiety caused by this kind of worry is more harmful to sleep itself and its health.
(2) Seek and eliminate the cause of insomnia. There are many factors that cause insomnia, which have been mentioned before, as long as you pay a little attention, it is not difficult to find. If the cause is eliminated, the insomnia will heal itself. For insomnia caused by the disease, seek medical advice in time. It can’t be considered that insomnia is just a small problem.
(3) Relaxation of body and mind, good for sleep. Take a walk outdoors before going to bed to relax your spirits, take a bath before going to bed, or soak your feet in hot water, and then go to bed, which is beneficial and not harmful to a smooth sleep. There are many specific methods for inducing the human body to enter a state of sleep, such as relaxation exercises, which have been spread among the people and can be used. In addition, I will introduce two simple and easy methods:
①Close your eyes and enter the static method. After going to bed, first close your eyes, and then slightly open your eyes to maintain some contact with the outside world. Although mental activity is still working, the tension of sympathetic nerve activity has been greatly reduced, which induces the body to gradually enter a state of sleepiness .
② Mingtian drum method. After going to bed, lie on your back and close your eyes, cover your left ear with your left palm, cover your right ear with your right palm, and flick the back of your head with your fingers to make you hear whirring sounds. The number of bounces until you feel slightly tired. After stopping the bombardment, slowly approach the pillow with your head, and place your head on both sides of your body naturally, and you will soon fall asleep.
(4) Sleep induction. Listening to flat and rhythmic sounds, such as the sound of trains, crickets, dripping water, and the sound of spring rain pattering, or music hypnotic tapes, can help sleep and build conditioned reflexes that induce sleep.
(5) Drink hot milk method. Drink a cup of sweetened hot milk before going to bed. According to research, it can increase the secretion of human insulin, increase the amino acid into the brain cells, and promote the human brain to secrete serotonin for sleep. At the same time, milk contains traces of morphine-like substances, which have a calming and tranquilizing effect. So as to promote the body to fall asleep peacefully.
(6) Suitable sleeping position. The sleeping posture is of course comfortable and can vary from person to person. However, sleeping on the side is better. Health care expert Cao Cishan pointed out in “Sleep Jue”: “Lying on the left side, bend the left foot, bend the left arm, support the head with the hand, stretch the right foot, and place the right hand between the right thigh. The lying position is the opposite.” This sleeping position is conducive to relaxing the whole body and sleeping peacefully.
(7) If you are tired and have difficulty falling asleep, you may wish to eat fruits such as apples, bananas, tangerines, oranges, and pears. Because the aromatic taste of this kind of fruit has a calming effect on the nervous system; the sugar in the fruit can inhibit the cerebral cortex and easily enter a sleep state.
(8) If you are out of business and cannot adapt to the environment and cause insomnia, you should first be mentally prepared, take the initiative to adjust, and be prepared, so as not to worry about sleeping well due to nervousness. At the same time, the above methods of aiding sleep can also be used to avoid insomnia.
Using the above methods, do not talk or think at bedtime; sleep first, then sleep, that is: do not overuse your brain before going to bed, eliminate all distractions after going to bed, and keep quiet; in addition, pay attention to the bedroom environment is quiet and fresh, If the bed is hard or soft, it can improve sleep quality. Sleep well and get naturally energetic after getting up.
Insomnia diet therapy
(1) One tablespoon of vinegar, pour it into a glass of cold boiled water and drink it, which can hypnotize and sleep soundly.
(2) For people who often suffer from insomnia, use lotus seeds, longan, and lily to make porridge with rice (corn), which has the effect of making people fall asleep.
(3) For those with blood deficiency and insomnia, they can take lotus root powder regularly, or simmer lotus root with low heat and add honey to eat; also can use 10g longan meat, 5 red dates to remove the core, and one steamed egg to eat once a day.
(4) For those with guilty conscience, hyperhidrosis, or insomnia, cut open with pig heart, fill with ginseng and angelica 25g each, steam them together, remove the medicine, eat pig heart and drink soup, it is effective.
(5) For those with insomnia caused by high blood pressure, use 50g of plantain root and 100g of lean pork.
(6) For patients who are disturbed and insomnia, take 50g of plantain root and 100g of lean pork meat and cook them together, which can hypnotize and fall asleep.
(7) For insomnia patients with neurasthenia, take a tablespoon of lettuce slurry and dissolve it in a glass of water. Because this milky juice has a calming and tranquilizing function, it has a certain hypnotic effect.
(8) Eat an apple before going to bed. Or put a peeled or cut citrus on the bedside table to let the insomniac smell its aromatic scent, which can calm the central nervous system and help fall asleep.
(9) Smash an appropriate amount of onion, put it in the bottle and cover it, and put it on the pillow before going to bed to smell the air. Generally, you can fall asleep after a while.
Eating these things before going to bed can also improve sleep quality:
1. Milk: Milk contains tryptophan, which is an essential amino acid. Drink a glass of milk before going to bed, the amount of tryptophan is enough to play a sleeping effect. The feeling of fullness and satiety from drinking milk also increases the hypnotic effect.
2. Walnut: Walnut is a nourishing and strong product, which can cure nerve weakness, forgetfulness, insomnia, dreaminess and poor diet. Eat some walnuts in the morning and evening, which is good for sleep.
3. Longan: sweet and warm in nature and flavor, none. Longan meat nourishes the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood and calms the nerves, can treat insomnia, forgetfulness, and nervous shock. The traditional Chinese medicine prescription “guipi pill” for treating dreams such as deficiency of heart and spleen and insomnia includes dried longan meat.
4. Lotus seeds: Lotus seeds can nourish the mind and soothe the nerves. For those who are upset and dreamy and insomnia, you can add a little salt to the lotus seeds, decoct them in water, and take them every night before going to bed.
5. Vinegar: When tired and difficult to sleep, take 1 tablespoon of vinegar and take it slowly in warm water. Close your eyes while drinking, and you can fall asleep in a moment.